School Motto: “To reach the heights, aim high!”
History of Bishop Fenwick High School
The “Fenwick Tradition” began over sixty years ago when the need for a Catholic high school in the Middletown area was realized. The school takes its name from Bishop Edward D. Fenwick, the first bishop of Cincinnati. Bishop Fenwick High School’s first home was Old South School (built in 1872). In need of extensive repairs, the historic building was renovated by the faculty, parishioners and prospective students. Bishop Fenwick’s first principal, Rev. Julian Krusling, presided over the opening day ceremonies held on August 21, 1952. The first day of school took place on September 3, 1952.
As the student body grew, so did the need for a modern facility. Once again, through the hard work and commitment of the Catholic community of Middletown, Bishop Fenwick High School moved to a new location on Manchester Road, located on eighteen acres of land, which opened on November 20, 1962.
Since that time, Bishop Fenwick’s reputation for excellence has also grown. In 1992, Bishop Fenwick High School was accredited by the North Central Association. NCA accreditation confirms that Bishop Fenwick provides an excellent educational program. In 2000, Bishop Fenwick also received accreditation from the Ohio Catholic Accreditation Association.
As the growth of our school continued, and through the generous donation of 66 acres of land from the Akers family and a large outpouring of donations from many families and businesses, we moved to our current campus on State Route 122 to begin school in the fall of 2004.
Bishop Fenwick High School has developed a reputation for academic excellence in an environment where students are challenged to reach their potential. The curriculum, spiritual guidance and extra-curricular activities provide a well-rounded education that prepares a Bishop Fenwick student for future successes.
Bishop Fenwick’s enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year is 508.