- BOA Overnight Trip: Since 2009, the Falcon Force Band has taken an overnight trip to compete in the Bands of America Grand National Championships
- Meet Friends Before High School:
This makes the transition from middle/elementary schools to high school easier!
- Band Camp Is FUN!: More than just “practice” and “hard work”, band camp is a bonding experience where memories will be created to last a lifetime!
- Improve Your Confidence: Performing gives you confidence to know you can participate in public settings!
- Be Part of a Competitive Team: The band competes at local Mid States Band Association events and at BOA Grand Nationals.
NO ONE sits on the bench!
- Learn New/Different Types of Music: Not everything in your life will be rock ‘n roll or hip hop oriented! Experience historically significant music with a “new” and fun twist!
- Support the Community: The marching band is the most visible Fenwick activity in the community. Play at local community events, support other school activities, and march in local parades!
- Get Real-Life Experience: Marching band is about more than music and marching—it’s about lessons in life. These lessons include, but are not limited to: dedication, commitment, time management, work ethic, morals, teamwork, responsibility, and leadership!
- Boost Your Resume!: Employers and College Administrators know that marching band members tend to be disciplined hard workers, and like to see activities such as this on resumes.
- Be a Varsity Athlete: Marching Band is an athletic activity. It is “Music For Athletes.” Everyone performs on the varsity level and no one sits on the bench!